Instructor(s): An IICRC Certified Instructor
Course Length: 1 Day
This workshop provides an entry level training course for individuals who are just starting out in the floor maintenance business, building service contractors or house cleaning staff. Designed to be a functional course to the teach apprentice floor maintenance technicians the primary floor maintenance service procedures and how to perform them.
This course is designed for probationary and apprentice technicians.
This is an introductory training course and does not require previous experience.
Format & Outline
This course is taught 20% in an academic classroom; 80% Hands-on training.
This is an operational course covering the common floor maintenance service procedures.
- Brief Overview
- Identification of Floor Coverings
- Defining Hard Floor Maintenance
- Assessing Hard Floor Maintenance
- Components of Hard Floor Maintenance
- Basic Hard Floor Maintenance Chemicals
- Equipment Packages
- Basic Service Procedures
- Hands on Training Standard service procedures performed on multiple floor covering surfaces.
*Services most commonly associated on vinyl composite tile (VCT).
- Dry Soil Removal Methods
- Wet Mopping Methods
- Conditioning and Burnishing
- Machine Scrubbing
- Polish Application Stripping and Refinishing
Handouts and notes pages of PowerPoint slides used during presentation will be provided.