An IICRC Certified Instructor
Educational Credits: IICRC – Floor Care Technician (FCT) Certification
Course Length: 3 Days
The course objective is to impart a clear understanding of the basic cleaning principles, theories, methodologies and procedures needed to perform hard floor cleaning and maintenance. To teach the student the proper use of equipment, materials and supplies, the science of cleaning and all safety related issues. Emphasis will be placed on cleaning and maintenance service procedures. Students will learn how to perform all aspects of daily, routine and restorative procedures as it relates to the cleaning and maintenance industry.
This course is designed for:
- cleaning technicians
- restoration specialists
- facility managers
- property managers
- interior designers
- specification writers
- claims managers, and
- anyone associated, with or interested in, the hard floor maintenance profession
This is an introductory training course and requires basic understanding of fundamental hard floor maintenance.
Format & Outline
This course is 50% academic classroom, 50% hands-on training.
This introductory certification course follows a specific path that outlines the primary fundamentals necessary to comprehend rudimentary hard floor maintenance.
- Understanding Hard Floor Maintenance
- Flooring Systems
- Defining Hard Floor Maintenance
- Assessing Hard Floor Maintenance
- Components of Hard Floor Maintenance
- Developing Hard Floor Maintenance
- Life Cycle of Hard Floor Maintenance
- Identification of Floor Coverings
- Designing the Hard Floor Maintenance Program
- Hands on Training Standard service procedures performed on multiple floor covering surfaces.
*Services most commonly associated on vinyl composite tile (VCT).
- Dry Soil Removal Methods
- Wet Mopping Methods
- Conditioning and Burnishing
- Machine Scrubbing
- Polish Application
- Stripping and Refinishing Written Certification Examination
Handouts and notes pages of PowerPoint slides used during presentation will be provided.